by joy soaked words
Lately my heart has been one full of unthankfulness. I’ve let the world crowd my view, rather the Jesus. When I first started this blog almost two years ago, I wrote a blog on “putting my Jesus goggles on” and how important it is to view the world and others through His eyes rather then mine.
I am going to put together a list of some of the little things that I often miss. Things that are so small, yet here I am so incredibly thankful for them.
- The first sip of hot coffee in the morning – I know you all know what this is like, that first sip warms you though and it always tastes the best
- That one old sweater you own, that fits you like a warm hug and it’s always there for you.
- Hot showers on a freezing cold day. Now, getting out of the shower is another fact.
- When strangers smile at you.
- The joy that seeing friends brings you.
- Your bed after a long day.
- Your bed in general.
- Bear hugs.
- Sweet sweet prayers.
- Your favourite pair of shoes. Mine are my white high top converse. Not really white anymore and kind of falling apart, but still my favourite.
- Belting out the lyrics at a red light and then realizing your window was open the entire time. This always makes me laugh, more out of embarrassment than anything. I’m thankful for this one because it humbles me.
- Quiet libraries and the smell of old books.
- Hot chocolate with whipped cream.
- Your favourite shirt. Mine is falling apart i’ve worn it so often, and I haven’t even able to find a replacement.
- Coming home.
- Mom hugs.
I am going to sift through all my old blog posts and see if I can find the one where I wrote on Jesus goggles. I don’t know if you needed this reminder as much as I did, but I am beginning to see things with a different perspective.
I pray you walk into this weekend with a thankful heart and a hot cup of coffee in your hand.
Hugs + blessings